I cannot believe this is the last full week of the 2025–2026 school year! It feels like this year has flown by, but at the same time, I feel like I have experienced every single month in its entirety. I am thankful to have my blog memories to look back on and remember the growth, lessons, and moments from the year.
On Monday, I served as the test administrator for students completing makeup ELA and Algebra assessments. Algebra was an all-day test, and I enjoyed working with the middle school students. I also quickly learned that extra computer chargers are a must!
On Tuesday, I helped with fifth grade Science testing until about noon. I also assisted a colleague with collaboration logs for social skills support for students I work with regularly. Before this year, I did not know much about support facilitation or what collaboration logs entailed, so this was another reminder of how much I have learned throughout the year. Later, I participated in an IEP amendment meeting for a student transitioning to middle school. These meetings have helped me better understand how services and supports may look different as students move into the next stage of their education.
On Wednesday, I began the day with another IEP amendment meeting focused on the transition to middle school. Fifth grade students also began their Common Final Exams, with Health being the first exam. During the morning, I was able to assist a student with catching up on a chapter book, completing a worksheet, and finishing a few quick checks. After lunch, I met with fifth grade teachers to complete paperwork. Later that evening, we had our last school social at Bar Louie to wrap up the year. There were many friendly faces, and it was a great time to celebrate the year together.
Thursday was the PE/Health Common Final Exam. After the exam, I completed some end-of-year testing with a student to update data for an upcoming IEP. I am learning how to make this process more seamless and efficient so I can collect the information needed without the process feeling endless. Teachers also received emails about room assignments and end-of-year packing details, which made the close of the school year feel even more real. The evening ended with looking ahead to next year and celebrating successes from this year.
Friday was the Art Common Final Exam for fifth grade. After that, I spent the day visiting classrooms, meeting new faces, encouraging familiar ones, and appreciating all of the experiences I have had this year.
One thing I have learned about myself is that sometimes I jump before I fully reflect on the choices I make, and then I spend time emotionally catching up to the decision. Being a support facilitator can feel like a role where many eyes are on you, even though it is not always an official leadership title. In many ways, it is a form of leadership. I still feel things deeply, but I am learning that I have to be thoughtful about what I share, how I respond, and how I represent myself. Admin, teachers, students, and families are always listening and watching, and I have a responsibility to represent my school respectfully and professionally.
As this school year comes to a close, I am grateful for the lessons, the students, the colleagues, and the growth. This year has stretched me, challenged me, and taught me more than I expected. I may not have every answer about what comes next, but I know I am continuing to grow as an educator, and that matters.
Comments
Post a Comment